Do you have a true life inspirational story to share? Your original true life stories can get you the opportunity to be published in one of the upcoming “Chicken Soup For The Soul” books. The story has to be 100% true and MUST be inspirational. Writers who stories that are published will be compensated $200. To date, the Chicken Soup For The Soul franchise has sold over 500 MILLION books, don’t miss the opportunity to have your work featured in one.
If they publish your story or poem, you will be paid $200 ($100 for devotionals) one month after publication of the book and you will receive ten free copies of the book your story or poem appears in. You will also become part of the Chicken Soup for the Soul family, you will receive exclusive contributors’ communique and you will be entitled to buy cases of books at a discount.
A few of the guidelines for submissions are
Guidelines for a Chicken Soup for the Soul story
1. Tell an exciting, heartwarming or funny story about something that has happened to you or someone you know. Your story should be written in the first person and should be about yourself or someone close to you.
2. Tell your story in a way that will make the reader cry, laugh, get goose bumps or say “Wow!”
3. The story should start “in the action” and draw in the reader. Do not start your story with an introduction about what you are going to say, or end with a concluding paragraph about what you just said.
4. Don’t be afraid to speak from the heart. Many people tell personal stories for the first time in our books, and they find it to be a cathartic and productive experience. We do let you use a pen name for your story if you do not want to use your real name.
5. Don’t try fancy moves with tenses. Writing in the present tense about something that happened in the past rarely works.
5. Keep your story to 1200 words or less. Tighten, tighten, tighten!
6. Your story must be true. No fiction, no creative writing.
Get the rest of the guidelines and submission info on their website at http://www.chickensoup.com/story-submissions/story-guidelines